Tax Information

Frequently Asked Questions

Generally, if your income is under the tax-free threshold ($18,200) and you have not paid any tax on that income you don’t need to lodge a tax return.

You can notify us you are not required to lodge for the financial year.

However, you will not be able to complete a non-lodgment advice if you have ABN business income during the financial year.

This is the period from the 1st July X1 to the 30th June X2.

Before lodging your tax return to ATO, we will guide you to make a payment for the tax return fees.

ATO aim to process the majority of electronically lodged tax returns within 12 business days.

Yes, you can complete prior years.

You can claim a tax deduction for expenses relating to repairs, maintenance or replacement of machinery, tools or premises you use to produce business income, as long as the expenses are not capital expenses.

If the cost of any item is more than $300, it will have to be depreciated (i.e. claimed over its effective life).

There is no limit on the amount claimed each year, provided the expenses are necessarily incurred in earning your income. The reasonable amounts only provide the maximum amount you can claim without ATO audit

Your presence in Australia needs to be continuous 183 days and also your behaviour (living and working) will be used in determining your residency status.

Fees paid to a registered tax agent for preparation of your return, amendments and generally handling your tax matters are all deductible in the next financial year. You can also claim travel to your registered tax agent

Work-Related Deductions


What is negative gearing?

You can claim a deduction for your rental property related expenses for the period your property is rented or is genuinely available for rent. If you use your property for both private and income-producing purposes, you can only claim a deduction for the portion of any expenses that relate to the income-producing use. On this page: Types of rental expenses

Online tax return

Home Office Expenses

If you’re an employee who works from home, you may be able to claim a deduction for expenses you incur relating to that work. These can be additional running expenses such as electricity, the decline in value of equipment or furniture and phone and internet expenses. If your home is your principal place of business, you should refer to running your

Online tax return

What income you pay tax on

The income you pay tax on depends on your residency for tax purposes. Australian residents must declare their worldwide income. Foreign residents must declare either: all Australian-sourced income worldwide income if you have certain study and training support loans. To determine whether you are an Australian resident or foreign resident for tax purposes, see Work out your tax residency. Australian residents

Online tax return

Work out your tax residency

To understand your tax situation, you first need to work out if you are an Australian or foreign resident for tax purposes. We don’t use the same rules as the Department of Home Affairs (formerly known as the Department of Immigration and Border Protection). This means you: can be an Australian resident for tax purposes without being an Australian citizen

Online tax return

Tax return with written form application

Don'w worry! It's still easy as 123.


Click above icon to download the tax return application


with an accountant

Three. Done!

of refund and fee payment

Let's Talk

Any question for us?


0466 903 321

Online tax return


Click Icon

Online tax return

or Email